We are a responsive grantmaker. We invite local organizations to come to us for what they need to do their best work.
We focus on four program areas within Los Angeles County:
- Social Impact grantmaking supports programs and services for underserved and disadvantaged populations.
- Higher Education grantmaking seeks to improve the quality of college and university level education and enhance access for disadvantaged populations.
- Health grantmaking looks for opportunities to enhance access to care for the disadvantaged, and support improvements at health care facilities, especially community clinics.
- Civic & Cultural grantmaking is broad-based, ranging from support for arts education, performing arts organizations, museums, and more, in the recognition that all people should have access to cultural experiences.
The Foundation concentrates on organizations providing direct service. We fund grants for general operating support, capital projects, programs, and other capacity building activities.
Due to funding constraints, we are not able to fund requests for the following:
- fundraising events, dinners and mass mailings
- organizations outside of Los Angeles County
- direct aid to individuals, including scholarship support
- conferences, seminars, workshops, etc
- sectarian, religious or fraternal purposes
- federated fundraising appeals
- support of candidates for political office or to influence legislation
- for-profit organizations or businesses
- animal welfare
- environmental issues
- documentary filmmaking or television programming
- scientific and/or medical research
- organizations focused on specific diseases (e.g. diabetes, heart disease)
- grassroots advocacy
- summer camps
- services for the developmentally disabled